Krispy Kreme Cruiser Fun Facts:
- 1960 Flxible Starliner
- Originally put into service on October 26, 1960 in Los Angeles, CA as a private tour bus.
- Bus specs: 35' long x 8' wide x 9'6" high.
- Engine: Cummins 5.9 Turbo Diesel.
- Launch date:February 23, 2012 in Daytona Beach, FL.
- 2012 travel projections: 500 stops, 400 cities, 37 states, 50,000 mi.
- Operated for Krispy Kreme by Richard Childress Racing in NC.
- Restoration: Outcast Kustoms in NC.
We got to meet Kim & Ron, the lucky husband & wife team who are on a year-long road trip, spreading doughnut cheer. This 1960 Flxible Starliner sure is a beaut!
I LOVE the instrument panel. I could've shot it all day.
The Cruiser even has a real "HOT DOUGHNUTS NOW" light!